Tuesday 20 October 2015

Letters from the Habsburg dynasty, part 1B - The Glooey Poem Fragment

Having received a second letter from M. Arthur de Habsbourg only a couple of days ago, I feel it is high time that the poem which accompanied the first letter - now half-lost due to excessive glueing on his part and careful (but not careful enough) tearing on mine - should see the light of day.

So please, find here the words I could decipher out of the typewritten, mustard-yellow stained rag of paper, channelled onto said medium by Herr Habsburg's brain, likely inspired by a state of both emi- and immi-gration, travelling in the company of Cat the cat, quite possibly disturbed, confused, and/or intoxicated, which I have attempted to represent, as always, as faithfully as possible, for you, in your life:


     One day I got home toolate,
    And then had to leave tooearly,
   You know the feeling. 
   But I don't.          One slow motion blink
                                               in Rue de la Blunt.
  Vacuum between me and the taxi driver,
Vacuum              behind me and the crude shimmering
                    yellow lamposts
               Away,                away,
Into the flight.
Wh at man can do cat can do
                           too.
       BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME
           BUY ME BUY ME
                      And then have SEX with me
                            Like you own me.
Where is your flight?
What is your cat?
Is that your final destination?
Now show cat to my dog-
                       -child

               BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME BUY   BUY BYE BYE BYE BYE

Hello EveryOne,
I too have wondered
Why everything smelled of must(h)ard.
And why Flintstone Fred still markss the lines on the road.
Smooth had been the (end) name of the game
Since 1919 ADBC AMPM.

Smooth is the Father of the mother
    And they live in a hut

                       ON THE CONTINENT
       i
Every Mng is polished,
Especially the cemeteries.
Every th i ng is here,
Whaiting for the other to ########

####[ILLEGIBLE]####
####[GLUED]########



No comments:

Post a Comment